Bicycle Gear Calculator for iPhone and iPod Touch
Designed by a cyclist, for cyclists, Bike Gears is the premier Bicycle Gear Calculator for the iPhone/iPod Touch.
Building a new bike from scratch? Test out possible configurations and get it right the first time.
I build and maintain bikes, and app has helped me provide quick answers for riders' "what-if" questions and tailor their rides to their riding. It's a handy tool for all cyclists, from serious mechanics to everyday commuters.» (★★★★★)
— BikeRanger - Version 2.0.1 - 20-Oct-2009
Calculate Gear Ratios, Gear Inches, Development and Gain Ratios using your bike's measurements. The app now has over 200 preset tire sizes and also lets you enter your own custom tire size for personalized measurements.
Find equivalent gearing configurations to reuse components you already have, or even to save weight by using smaller gears!
Want to convert your old hardtail into a single speed? No problem: take a ride on a geared bike to tweak your gear ratio, then calculate the equivalent ratio for your single-speed. Best of all, it doesn't matter if they have different tire sizes!
Enjoy skidding on your fixie? Using the Skid Patch Analyzer, you can visualize your tire's wear spots and choose optimal gearing to maximize your tire longevity!
— Robot Devil - Version 1.2 - 27-May-2009
No more what-ifs, no more guestimating, and most importantly, no more costly mistakes.
Bicycle Gear Calculator is a must-have for bike mechanics, bike builders, BMX riders, alleycat racers, commuters, athletes and coaches alike!
- Gear Ratio calculator
- Gain Ratio calculator
- Gear-inch + Development calculator
- Skid-Patch visualizer for fixed-gear addicts
- Gear equivalency tool lets you find equivalent or closest-match gear ratios
- Speed calculator taking into account cadence and bicycle parameters
- Supports virtually any bicycle:
- 20T to 63T Chain Ring
- 8T to 36T Sprocket
- 150mm to 200mm crank arms lenghts in 2.5mm increments
- Now with over 200 tire sizes
- If you prefer, enter your tire rollout in millimeters or inches.
- Metric and imperial units
- English, Français